Monday, December 17, 2012

Cannot Even Comprehend...

I was at work on Friday when I heard the news of the school shooting in Connecticut. Stunned is the word I would use to describe how I felt. You never imagine that you would send your child, very young child, to school and they may be murdered. It is unimaginable, unthinkable, and absolutely heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

Last week was a long week. Kevin was out of town from Tuesday until Saturday. The girls were very good for me, but it broke my heart when they kept saying "Dada" on the way home from daycare, or walked around the house calling for him. They love their daddy.

Friday, a little while after I heard the news, Kevin called. I asked him if he had heard about it and he said no. I told him what happened and we both broke down a bit. I think we did what every parent was doing. Putting ourselves in those parents' shoes who were told that their child didn't make it. That kind of story is just a punch to the gut, and makes you question everything about humanity. How could something like this happen??

When I picked the girls up on Friday they both threw themselves at me and didn't want to let go. It's like they knew. I had never hugged them harder. Even Arianna (our daycare providers' daughter) gave me huge hugs. It was just what I needed.

Friday night I had a Christmas cookie party to go to. The babysitter arrived at about 6:30 and after giving her the run-down I attempted to leave. Unfortunately Kylie had other plans. She was hysterical when I walked out the door. I grabbed the few bags of trash in the garage and took them out to the can. I just wanted to see if she would calm down. She didn't. After the events of the day I couldn't leave her. I helped Jessica put them to bed then went to my party. She was more important. They are more important...

No comments:

Post a Comment