Sunday, August 18, 2013

Random stuff

We tried to take Kylie for her first haircut this afternoon.  She's been rocking a pretty hardcore mullet for a while now, and I finally came to the realization we need to even her hair out!  I am a big fan of little girls with long hair, but we need to do something about how straggly her hair has gotten!

Business up front

Party in the back!
There is one kids hair cutting place we're aware of, and it's about a fifteen minute drive from where we live.  Their Sunday hours are from 12-4, so our plan was to get the girls there right at noon.  Unfortunately, there was a huge accident on the main road we take to get there, so we ended up getting down there at almost 12:30.  Needless to say, it was PACKED.   She said we could get in at 3PM.  Um, no thanks.  I just made an appointment for next Sunday.  One of these days we'll be able to make this happen!

Also, on the Kylie front...poor girl has been constipated.  I think it has been going on for a while now.  She's still been "going", but for probably the past week its just been "rabbit pellets" (for the lack of a better term).  She's tried several times to go today, and they have all ended in tears (with no success).  I don't ever really give the girls juice, but I randomly had a apple juice box in the fridge and gave it to her to help move things along.  I've heard prune juice helps too, but OMG, that stuff brings on my gag reflex from when I was given it as a child.  UGH.  Hopefully mixing it with apple or pear juice will help.  I have no idea on this stuff since we always have the opposite issue in this house!  Poor girls' stomach is all bloated, and she's barely eating.  I hope this passes soon for her. :(

On to me, I think I have a stress fracture on the top of my left foot.  We recently purchased a treadmill from a friend, and I have been using it 3-4 days a week.  I did about three miles on Monday night and felt fine afterwards.  Tuesday morning, I was putting on my skinny jeans and almost screamed when pulling them over my foot.  I tried to ignore it, but when the pain was still there on Thursday, I figured there was probably more to it than just being a little sore.  The top of my foot is slightly swollen, and after being on it all day yesterday, it almost reminded me of how my feet would get when I was pregnant.  If the swelling doesn't go away before then, I have an appointment on Thursday to have it looked at.  What a PITA.  It sucks, because I've been trying to get in shape for the beach next month, and being sidelined for a few weeks isn't going to help me on the bikini front!  

To end on a good note, we went to the zoo yesterday morning and got a few priceless pics!  The girls LOVE the petting zoo!

This picture just cracks me up.  It looks like Kylie and to goat are both laughing!

So sweet

She was laughing about the black goat hiding under the bench

Train going by the polar bear exhibit

Look on Kendall's face when she realized she wasn't on the train.

Polar Bears


Looking at the Polar Bears!

On the train.  And loving it.

On the carousel, and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment