Thursday, August 8, 2013

State Fair

Kevin and I have gone to the Ohio State Fair every year since we started dating.  It's a right of passage for us!  It's definitely full of "interesting" people, but we always have a blast.  We took the girls in 2011 (they were 3 months old, so they pretty much slept through the whole thing.)  We also took them last year, but they were in that tough stage where they didn't want to be in the stroller, and weren't entertained enough by everything going on around them.  I think we maybe stayed about an hour.

This year I knew things would be different.  They love parades, rides and animals.  Luckily, our fair has it all.  We told them we were going earlier in the week. Of course, Kylie remembered that we were going after they woke up from nap on Friday, and had issues actually falling (and staying) asleep.  No worries though, the lack of sleep didn't dampen their spirits!

Kylie's excited

Ahh.  Fair food.



Gabby's.  This is where Kevin almost always has dinner :)
The girls wanted to ride on the carousel really badly.  After walking though for a little bit and visiting the sheep, we found it.  They were so excited.  Here they are watching it while Kevin bought tickets to go on.  (I apologize in advance for the brightness of the pics in this post.  I didn't have the chance to adjust them yet.)



Kevin and I love this Ferris Wheel, but the littles are not ready for this yet!

Yay!

Kylie decided halfway through she didn't want to ride it anymore.

Kendall "I wanna ride it"

Kendall "I wanna ride it"

Kendall "I wanna ride it" 

Watching the helicopter take off

Kendall "I wanna ride it" (yes, she wanted to ride EVERYTHING!)

After walking around the "big kid" rides for a bit, we found Kiddieland.  The girls were so excited.  They had a bunch of little rides and a petting zoo.  It was perfect for them.  Kendall wanted to go on the elephants, so Kevin took her on.

Aww
Then, to my surprise, Kylie really wanted to go on.  We asked her who she would rather ride with, and she was very insistent that Daddy ride with her.  So, off they went!

Waving to me

I wonder who is having more fun?!?

LOL.  Camel :)
Feeding the cow carrots

She's so sweet with animals

So cute
After we left the petting zoo, we grabbed a corn dog for the girls, a chicken kabob for me, and a few sausage sandwiches for Kevin.  We sat at a picnic table and enjoyed our meal.  I really do love this age.  It's so nice to be able to just sit at a table with them without worrying about boosters or high chairs. It's so nice that they can actually take direction and listen to you (sometimes!)   Kendall did decide to go backward off the picnic table right as we were about to leave.  Luckily, Kevin caught her by the arm, and she just ended up with a bruise on her elbow.

We split an ice cream cone on our way out to the car.  All in all, it was a perfect family evening.  We can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment