Monday, January 14, 2013

More Music

My girls love love love music. They have since they were in the womb. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, and love everything from Journey, Toto and Heart, to Toad the Wet Sprocket, to Alice in Chains, to Paul Davis. Really, the list goes on and on. When I was pregnant, I would be listening to my iPod at work and would put one headphone on my belly. That would always get the girls kicking up a storm. Right before the girls were born, "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele was a huge hit. I remember blasting it in my car when driving around the week before they were born. Coincidentally, playing that song was one of the few things that would stop a newborn crying fit in its tracks. To this day the girls will stop what they are doing and pause if they hear that song.

Kevin's favorite band has been U2 since he was a kid. He's been to see them live a million times (we've been twice together) and all of our pets are named after U2 band members. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The girls now love U2 and request "more more Youuu twooooo" frequently in the car. At the beginning of "Where the Streets Have No Name" there is a guitar intro and both girls yell "geeee-tar" completely unprompted. They crack me up. I think they are definitely going to follow in their daddy's musical footsteps!

Ignore Kendall's big boo boo from her run-in with the banister! Keyboards cure all...


No comments:

Post a Comment