Saturday, April 6, 2013

Crayons and Dawn

I learned a very important lesson today.  Never turn your back on a toddler who is coloring with the "non" washable crayons.  While the girls were down for a nap today, Kevin and I (mostly Kevin) did taxes and patched the walls in our kitchen for our painting project next weekend.  Kevin was cleaning up the kitchen,  so I got the girls up and was taking pictures of them on the stairs and running around upstairs.  We came down so I could look at the pictures.  I figured, why not give them some crayons and coloring books to color on the floor while I look at the pictures.  Not the best idea.  They were coloring really well in their books and on the enormous piece of cardboard we have for coloring.  Kylie wandered off and was helping Kevin, while Kendall stayed with me in the office to color.  Then I heard her start going "M" "W" "M" "W".  Then I looked over and she was making M's and W's with a green crayon ON THE LIGHT TAN CARPET.  That we just had professionally steam weeks ago, of course! 

Kevin pulled out our carpet cleaner and tried to start running it.  It smelled like burning, and started to smoke.  What the heck?!?  He found out the belt was broken.  Sigh...

I looked on Crayola's website and they had a lot of recommendations for cleaning crayon off the carpet.  Most of them using 2-3 or even 4 products.  One of them recommended using dish soap to clean it.  I have blue Dawn, so I figured, why not??  This works great on everything!  I can't believe I didn't think of it myself!

With a little elbow grease I got the carpet cleaned up with no problem.  Blue Dawn for the win!  Seriously, this stuff is a godsend. :)

Lastly, here are a few of the cute pictures I got today.  Love these two!

Jackpot picture.  Love her!

Giving "huggies"!



On the bed!


If you're happy and you know it!

Who me?  Cause trouble?  No....(wink, wink)



"Hurray!"

Aww...vintage K & M

No comments:

Post a Comment