Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

The girls have had a language explosion lately. Especially Kylie. It makes me laugh sometimes at the things that come out of their mouths.

Kylie (drawing with sidewalk chalk): "Mom. I draw butterfly, Mom. Look, Mom!"

Kendall (when referring to the cupcakes we currently have in our house): "Black!" (when pointing to the chocolate cupcake) "Brown!" (when pointing to the vanilla cupcake) "Kendall want."

Kylie (in the car referring to this song: Clap Your Hands) "Play Clap!", Kendall (when the song ends): "Yaaaaay Clap!"  They are my two backseat DJs.  They constantly call out requests.  Dora, U2, Toto, Bob (Marley), and Michael Jackson (which they always follow with an "Ow!")

Kendall (when riffling through her books): "Mouse to School, Mouse a Cookie" ... Referring to these two books (two of her absolute favorites):



Kylie (when wanting my cell phone): "I play game, Mom." Side note, I have no idea what's up with the "Mom" lately. It's just weird to have your not quite two year old calling you Mom.

Kendall (when wanting the iPad): "Kendall want iPad. Kendall play Elmo ABC's." She always refers to herself in the third person.

Kylie and Kendall (when wanting to go outside and play on the "hill"): "Go outside. Up the hill!"

Kylie (when picking them up yesterday...she was on the swing on Rachel's swingset):

Rachel: "Kylie, do you want to go see mommy?"
Kylie: "No no no no NO! Kylie yeyo (yellow) swing, Kylie yeyo swing! No Mommy!"
...makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, huh? Guess I know where I rate!

Kylie (when going to the doctor on Friday): "No doctor! Go to Kroger right now!" The girl is OBSESSED with Kroger and is always asking to go "right now". Even running a fever, she was all about Kroger.

Kendall (When passing the crappy old WalMart on our way home from daycare): "Junk Walmart." Kevin almost drove off the road when she said that last week.

Kendall (when wanting me to hold her): "Mama hold you down."

Kylie (when waking up in the middle of the night once last week): "Mommy! Yogurt! Yogurt Mommy, Yogurt!" Why she was screaming "Yogurt" in the middle of the night, I'm not quite sure. They usually sleep with their door closed, and I opened it one night last week because their room was really warm. I think she woke up and saw her door was open and thought we were all up for the day. She usually has a yogurt packet first thing in the morning when Kendall has her milk. I "think" that's why she was crying about yogurt.

I know I've said this before, but these two little ladies continue to amaze and amuse me every day.







No comments:

Post a Comment