Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day weekend.  We just had some low key family time, finished the playroom and relaxed. It was perfect.  I didn't want or need anything "Pinterest crazy".  I just wanted some nice family time, and that's exactly what I got.  Friday, Kevin came home with a bouquet of gorgeous flowers to start off the weekend.  On Saturday we got up and just hung out around the house.  When the girls went down for their nap, Kevin and I finished the playroom (I'll post more about that this week).

When they got up we played for a while, then went to dinner at Bob Evans.  They always wave and say "Hi Bob!" when we pass it on our way to and from Rachel's house, so they were really excited we were going to dinner there.  Usually dinners are hit or miss with them.  For the most part they're pretty good...but we have had some challenging meals out.  Luckily, this wasn't one of them.  They were awesome.  They just chatted to us and each other, talked about the baby sitting at a table near us, and quietly ate their food.  They even chose what they wanted to eat (grilled cheese, mashed potatoes and applesauce).  It was seriously one of the best meals out we've had with them.  I hope that behavior continues!

On Sunday I stayed in bed for a few minutes while Kevin brought the girls into our room.  They came in with huge smiles on their faces and Kylie kept saying "Good Morning, Mama!"  Kendall was saying "Happy Other's Day" all day long.  So adorable. :)

They all gave me cards, and we just enjoyed the day together.  Kevin (and the girls) got me Photoshop Elements and I was able to play with that a bit yesterday afternoon.  Very exciting!

Picture before editing

After editing (brightened, vignette)
Before

After (boogie and scratch removed from Kendall's face, yogurt removed from Kylie's face, brightened)
Then, last night Kevin made his amazing spaghetti and meatballs for dinner topped off with some Champagne.  He even cleaned up afterwards.  Can't ask for more than that! :)

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

Me and my Mom!  

No comments:

Post a Comment