Sunday, March 10, 2013

Operation Wear Them OUT: Time Change Edition

Whoever invented Daylight Savings Time obviously never had children (or dogs for that matter).  Since having children, each time we "spring-forward" or "fall back" I am highly annoyed with the disruption in sleep.  My ultimate goal was to get up at 7 AM today (6 AM body clock time).   I just wanted to get the day going in hopes to keep the girls on their normal schedule.  I heard Kylie start chattering at 7:30 this morning and instantly got up.  Not too off schedule...

Nap time didn't go wonderfully (but not terribly either).  They fell asleep about 45 minutes after we put them down, and stayed asleep for about an hour and 45 minutes.  When they woke, we initiated "operation wear them out!"  We were outside for about an hour and a half, and just enjoyed the wonderful 65 degree weather.  Ahh.  If only it would stay!

(I apologize in advance for all the pictures.  I took about 150 today, but scaled it back a bit...)

Kendall is ready to go outside!

So is Kylie!

Kev and Kendall

No one wanted to cooperate with the front stoop pictures

Kendall

Sigh

Kylie getting ready to go on a wagon ride

Kendall too!

"C'mon Mama!"

Happy Daddy

Kylie loved the rainbow and leprechaun on this person's garage

Kylie enjoying her ride!

Good pic Daddy!

I'm not always just taking pictures!

Let's run!




She was yelling "Mama hand!" so I could help her over the curb.

On the hill

...and down...

...and up...
 
...and down

They seriously ran up and down this hill about 50 times.

Kylie was saying "Go Kendall!"

Our little comedian
  We all had so much fun enjoying the fresh air.  Even though we had a few...

Falls:



and tantrums:



As far as "Operation: wear them OUT", I believe we were successful.  We put them down at their normal bedtime of 7:30, and they were out by 8.  No fussing, either.  That's a win in my book!

We cannot wait until summer.  I have a feeling this is going to be a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment