Thursday, November 21, 2013

Two and a Half

So we've reached the halfway mark of the girls' third year.  I've heard from numerous friends that the half ages have proven to be difficult as far as temperament, whining and tantrums is concerned.  It's disconcerting when people put the fear of God in you about "this age" and "that age".  I'm choosing to take it all in stride (for now!)  To be honest, I enjoy the girls more and more as they get older.  I, personally, was not a huge fan of the twin newborn stage, and 12-18 months was quite challenging as well (I'm sure getting their molars and incisors was a big reason for that).  They are so much fun now, and I love seeing them learn and explore the world.  So, I say "meh" to all the nay-sayers.  Two and a half, give me what you've got! (Hopefully I'm not eating crow in a few months!)

Kendall



Height: 40.5"
Weight: 35 lbs (guessing)
Favorite color: Purple
Favorite item/toy: Right now it's her horse "Pinto" that she got last weekend as a potty training prize.
Favorite song:  This week (because it changes weekly, actually daily sometimes) - "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction
What does she want to be when she grows up:  This actually comes with a story.  This morning Kevin was taking the girls over to Rachel's.  They were driving past the hospital, and Kendall said "I wanna be a doctor.  I wanna make people feel better."  WHAT?!?!  I can't believe that came out of a two year old's mouth.  Kevin called me at work and and had her tell me what she just said.  Can these girls get any cuter?

Kendall is doing great.  She amazes me with the things she says and thinks.  I would guess that she's right on track or above for a two and a half year old, but I'm not an "expert"!   She's going sloooooow with potty training, but has gone a few times this week.  I'm off for about two weeks over Christmas, and I plan on dropping the hammer then.  Merry Christmas!  Clean up some pee! :)


Kylie



Height:  37.5"
Weight:  31 lbs (guessing)
Favorite color: Orange
Favorite item/toy:  "Pink" her blankie
Favorite song: same as Kendall - One Direction
What does she want to be when she grows up:  A doctor.  But, I think only because Kendall said she wanted to be a doctor.  It's sweet.

Kylie is doing awesome as well.  She is extremely social and verbal.  This can hinder our communication with Kendall at times because Kylie always talks and answers for her.  She is always interjecting when we talk to or about Kendall.  "What about Ky Ky?!?"

Kylie is pretty much 100% day potty trained.  She only gets a diaper at night, and that's usually dry when she wakes up in the morning.  She's had a mishap here and there, but nothing significant.  I'm really proud of her.  We are planning on night training once we take the sides off their cribs.  Probably after Christmas sometime.

Another funny thing both girls do is refer to everything as a color.  Netflix is "Red", Spotify is "Green", and the music channel we listen to on DirecTV during dinner is "Blue".  They love selecting music to listen to, so I cannot tell you how many times we hear "I wanna watch GREEN!"  Kevin and I have even referred to the DirecTV music channels as "blue" on occasion when talking to each other.  Too funny!  The comedy show never ends with these two.


No comments:

Post a Comment