Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blur...

This past week has been a complete blur.  Monday, I had a normal day at work, picked the girls up from daycare, came home, watched the bachelor (yeah, Kevin LOVES Mondays!)  Tuesday, I was on my way to work and got stopped by a train when I was just a few minutes from work.  I looked at my phone because Kevin sent me a text.  I noticed that I had also gotten a text from our daycare provider saying that her son had randomly thrown up a few times overnight.  Everyone else was fine, and I was still ok to bring the girls over (if I was comfortable with that)  Unfortunately, I wasn't.  I did not even hesitate before turning my car around and heading home.  If I can avoid exposing the girls to a stomach virus I am going to do it.  Especially when Kevin was going to be out of town Thursday through Sunday.  There is no part of handling two toddlers with a stomach virus by myself that sounded appealing AT ALL.

I managed to work from home that day while taking care of the girls. Wednesday and Thursday I had my mom and one of the girls' former teachers from their old daycare come over.  Friday, I took PTO.  I know it may sound extreme keeping them home all week, but I am SUCH a germaphobe, and I wanted make sure they would be ok.  They have colds and are starting to get their two year molars anyway, so that's enough to handle on my own.

On Friday, I packed the car up with the girls, the dogs, and half of our house, and headed up to my parents' for the weekend.  It was nice to get out and have a change in scenery.  Being here all weekend with just me and them did not sound appealing.  They are really good girls, but I think we would have all been stir-crazy.  We had a great weekend, and came back this morning.  Since we have been home it had been balls to the wall.  This is the first time I have sat down today, and I am EXHAUSTED.  I cannot wait for Kevin to get home, and for a "normal" (hopefully) week this week.

I feel like this post was a complete ramble.  But, you'll have that every now and then....

You want to join us at Kroger sometime???  It's lots of fun!


And to top it all off, this one did not nap today.  Word to the wise, do not wake a napping toddler to change their diaper.  I was trying to prevent diaper rash, and instead got "no-nap Kylie"

No comments:

Post a Comment