Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday...

The meteorologists in Ohio were predicting snow for today.  Not a ton, but enough to make it seem arduous to treck out with two toddlers.  They were predicting 2-4 inches today (by 8pm) and another inch or two tomorrow.  Usually, I scoff at their predictions, but this year we have been on the higher end of their estimations.  Kevin and I decided to run out last night and get some jambalaya makings for tonight's dinner, so we wouldn't have to worry about running out in a bunch of snow...

Well, we didn't get as much snow as they were predicting, and we could have easily been out all day long.  Oh well, it was cloudy and dreary, so we made the best of it!

While the girls were down for a nap, I sorted though about 7 bins of clothes and got rid of a whole garbage bagful.

Here's our keep bins (sentimental value...)

Summer clothes, it is way emptier than I was hoping!

Bag for Goodwill

My 'For Sale' bin.  I have a ton of clothes that I sell on a few pages on Facebook.  Mostly twin sets.

My bin to take to the consignment shop.
While I did this, Kevin started cleaning the basement.  We are planning on finishing it this year (and getting all of the girls toys out of our living room!)  He thought a cold dreary day would be the perfect day to start!

When the girls got up, I pulled out the crayons.  This seemed to keep them entertained for about 2.2 seconds.  Oh well!






The crayons captivated Daddy more than the girls!
They LOVE this castle!  They look through the windows at each other and laugh.  It's so cute!
Lastly, Kylie modeled a swimsuit I just got for them today.  Flipping ADORABLE!  It is from Gymboree's new nautical line - size 3T.  (Which, by the way, I cannot believe my 20 month olds are fitting into a 3T!)


It was such a great day, even though we just ended up chilling at home.  These types of days are needed every now and then though, so I'm not going to complain.  We finished off the day with a great dinner of jambalya and riesling.  Thanks Kev!

Oh wait, we did have a lot of this today...sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment