Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm Kind of a Big Deal...

I'm famous.  No really, I am.  (Just kidding!  Well, kinda...)  When I was pregnant with the girls, I found out there was going to be a show on Lifetime filmed at the hospital I was delivering at.  I was so excited to see it.  I DVR'd the premiere of "One Born Every Minute", and was watching it one evening when Kevin got home from work.  He sat down and watched the rest of the episode with me, and was like, "Don't watch that show without me!".  We would always crack up because my OB was one of the doctors on the show.  It was great to be able to see him delivering babies.  It gave me a "glimpse" into what I could expect.  We joked on how funny it would be if I were to be on that show.  I mean, really...me delivering babies on National Television???  HAHAHA!

Fast forward to April of 2011.  We found out they were going to be filming Season 2 between the end of April and the beginning of June.  The same day we found out, I also had a doctors appointment.  Pretty much as soon as my doctor walked into the exam room, he asked if we were interested in being on the show.  What the heck?!?  Why not???  I mean, there were 100 couples that were going to be filmed, and only 30 picked, so our chances weren't that great anyway.  We're pretty open-minded, so we decided to go for it.

Well, we were filmed, and we found out in July that we were selected to be on the show.  The premiere was at the end of November (2011), and we were slated to be on episode #7.  After episode #6, (January 2nd, I believe) they "paused" the season.  (er, cancelled).  Anyway, they did throw us a bone and aired our episode on a random Thursday morning in May.  We have our episode still saved on our DVR, a DVD of our episode, and a book autographed to Kendall and Kylie by Jamie Lee Curtis.  Unfortunately, they never released the four remaining episodes to iTunes or Hulu, and they have not re-run (at least not that I am aware of).  I wish they would, but oh well.  What can you do?

It was a great experience.  Other than someone coming in to photograph us every now and then, and various people coming in to check our mics, it really wasn't intrusive.  I even forgot about the cameras after a while.  Actually, when I was in process of pushing two babies out, the cameras were the last thing on my mind.  (I will post a birth story here in the near future).

Anyway, my one proof that we were on TV is that our pictures are still up on the Lifetime website.  Under the season two pictures we are in #17, 21 and 22.  This one is by far my favorite!  So, yeah, we're kind of a big deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment